Wednesday 18 March 2020

CHUT SMELLING CIGARS

While typing "You are remarkable" blogpost I began to smell cigars.

https://lotusfeet22.blogspot.com/2020/03/you-are-remarkable.html

This is a great video on how and why the Jews migrated from the Netherlands to London. My ancestors migrated from Spain to the Netherlands then onto London although this video doesn't mention why they left Spain. The Jews that lived in Spain liked their seafood and shellfish.

WATER 



Some of our ancestors also stayed in Amsterdam, my dad showed me a photograph of one of his great aunts. It was a studio photograph and she was dressed in Victorian clothes. I don't know what happened to the photograph that he had kept.

My grandfather Joseph was the eldest child of Catherine Arbede, she was a seamstress, the daughter of the cigar maker and he had a kiosk in Shaftesbury Avenue. Her dad was orthodox so when Catherine married outside of Judaism, she was rejected by the Arbede family.

Catherine Arbede married for love and she only brought up her eldest son as a Jew. He was named Joseph and he was a street vendor, he sold newspapers. Joseph married Sarah and in scripture it mentions a prophecy about Sarah and the appointed time.

LOVE 



My dad was their youngest son. The Son of Joseph. It is the anniversary of his birth on the 23rd of March, on the Spring Equinox. He married my mother on the 28th of March. Always in my heart dad.



The only thing that I would correct in this video is the fact they were called "Chuts".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuts






No comments:

Post a Comment