Thursday 12 December 2019

Lemongrass Recipes

I've begun to start cooking fresh fennel as previously I had only cooked with fennel seeds. The new food introduced to my menus this week is Lemongrass as it has been found in Israel to help their "cancer" patients whilst having hospital treatment. In Israel they put lemongrass in hot water to drink.

In western countries it takes a long time for the latest scientific research to be incorporated into clinical practice. One of the reasons that the UK is 20 years behind in it's clinical practice.

Dr Greger from Nutrition Facts wrote: "The very first of the 4,990 citations in How Not to Diet relates to the stunning fact that it takes an estimated average of seventeen years before evidence from scientific research is incorporated into clinical practice. I don't want you to wait that long. Over 200,000 scientific papers were published on nutrition over the past year, more than 500 new articles a day". 

So this is a couple of great links on different lemongrass recipes. Lemongrass butter sounds wonderful and so does the carrot soup with lemongrass.

https://www.olivemagazine.com/guides/best-ever/best-ever-lemongrass-recipes/

43 different lovely recipes.

https://www.epicurious.com/ingredients/14-ways-to-use-lemongrass-gallery

Lemon grass goes great with water chestnuts, bamboo, garlic and ginger. I'm already with my ingredients and it would be great with chicken or fish.

I've also put two Lemongrass in water on the window sill as I am going to try to grow it in 2020. My Lemongrass came from Kenya.

Farmers say it is easier to grow from the plant than it is from seed and it can be grown easily in a container. Although it likes a gravel mix with potting soil, probably due to the amount of drainage it requires.

My two little Lemon trees that I began growing this year are still surviving in-doors and one of them is getting quite strong now. Lemon trees like a sandy soil mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment