Tuesday 21 May 2013

R.I.P. RAY MANZAREK

Such a prophetic time with the 'The Doors' keyboard player passing over. Especially as one of their most well known songs is 'Riders on the Storm'. Such an incredible era for Rock music and its wonderful musicians. It was a great time to be alive.

Picture courtesy of Wikipedia

Sixties rock legend - Ray Manzarek age 74, a founder of The Doors; died yesterday after a long battle with cancer. His family were with him when he passed at the clinic in Germany.


RIDERS ON THE STORM 



From Polish descent, the Aquarian Ray was born in Illinois, Chicago, USA. One of his solo songs was 'Golden Scarab' and I was asked to give a scarab to an American musician in February, I was asked to give it to him for good luck. I haven't heard this track before. 

GOLDEN SCARAB 


He also did a track 'Solar Boat'. 






LIGHT MY FIRE 

R.I.P 
RAY MANZAREK 




1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Manzarek

No comments:

Post a Comment