Monday 6 May 2013

INCENSE RECEIVED

While I was bathing today I was given a beautiful smell of incense. The word incense from the Latin 'incendere' and it means 'to burn'. Incense reminds me of India, and I have been burning some incense today and this evening. Its good for space and energetic clearing.

Incense was used for healing since ancient times due to its aroma. Smell was always part of the ancient healing methodologies e.g. aromatherapy and the smelling of spices. Wiki share with us that it was around 200CE, that a group of wandering Buddhist monks introduced incense-making to China. It was also the Buddhist monks that introduced it to Japan, those particular monks are said to be from Korea. [1] The ancient Christian Jewish didache text also mentions the wanderers and what Jesus had to say about them.

Biblically, 'frankincense' also includes the word 'cense' and the other incense material was myrrh. Frankincense always reminds me of England's Nazareth because the whole village of little Walsingham smells of it. The altar of incense and the Angel of the Lord is mentioned in Luke 1:11.

The golden altar of incense is mentioned in Hebrews 9:4 Golden bowls of incense appear again in Rev 5:8 and it is symbolic of a prayer. Revelation chapter eight mentions the incense twice. 'Another angel who had a golden censor, came and stood at the altar, he was given much incense to offer. With the prayers of all God's people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. The smoke of the incense together with the prayers of God's people, went up before God from the angels hand. My son Jordan used to buy me incense, he likes it very much, it was also lit on the training courses that I used to facilitate.

SUCCESS 


The link from Wiki also mentions 'moxibustion' treatment, that is available from traditional Chinese medicine shops. I could really do with a treatment with the new shop that has opened up in town. They are charging £25 for a session. That has to be on my list of priorities, it would be wonderful to have a Buddhist working on my body!

In Judaism the incense offered in the temple was Ketoret and it does have frankincense in it. Funny, that after I was given the incense I wrote about the temple.

Once a year on the 'Day of Atonement' coals from the altar were taken in a censer, or fire holder, together with two handfuls of incense, into the Holy of Holies, where the incense was made to smoke before the mercy seat of the ark of the testimony. [2]

Jacob Neusner Yoma 1990 Page 82 "It is the wood offering which makes possible the incense offering. The wood-offering comes before the blood rite, and the blood rite comes before the burning of the incense."

So if you ever have a blood test, you should burn incense afterwards. 

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incense

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketoret

1 comment:

  1. This was written in response to a person who was discussing the 'fire dragons'.

    While you were writing that, I was cooking a couple of pancakes, and the LORD asked me to give you this example.

    About a week ago I was given the fragrance of incense and I made a post on the incense and its importance on my blogspot. Incense is also to do with Chinese Medicine and Moxibustion.

    A new Chinese Medicine shop had opened up in town so I went there for some moxibustion etc.

    I asked for one treatment.

    However, the Chinese Doctor then spent ages explaining why three treatments had to be signed for. I explained that I could not afford to pay for three treatments and only required one.

    She then tells me that she doesn't do Moxibustion due to the smell of it etc.

    So I then said thank you and left.

    I do know another place that does what I have been guided divinely to receive. It is also a place that I have recommended to others in the past. The Chinese doctors there are happy to give you one treatment if that is what you say that you require.

    The moral of the story? Not all Chinese doctors are the same just like not all 'dragons' are the same. Some have the incense for the temple and some do not.

    Also if you ever have a blood test it is important that you burn incense afterwards, the more blood tests you have had, then moxibustion is most likely an esssential requirement. Now how many 'dragons' shared that with you?

    ReplyDelete