Monday 6 January 2020

"Age of Surveillance Capitalism"


A 50 minute documentary on the "Age of Surveillance Capitalism". Harvard Professor Shoshana Zuboff wrote a monumental book about the new economic order that is alarming. "The Age of Surveillance Capitalism", reveals how the biggest tech companies deal with our data. How do we regain control of our data? What is Surveillance capitalism?

Shoshana shared that big tech know that they can impact upon the emotions of the collective, one of the reasons why Carl Jung wrote about the importance of the individual and individuality because unique individuals cannot be manipulated because they don't follow the herd.

I never joined Facebook, nor did I post on Twitter or Instagram, did you? I just didn't get a very good feeling about that social media. Although they can clearly access my written words, paintings and photographs uploaded on this blog.



They didn't get any data from my mobile phone because I don't use a mobile phone unless it is for a an emergency call. No apps, not even signed up to google on my phone, I refused it on the mobile.

This is a great documentary for whistleblowers, on what the corporations are doing with your data and how they plan to force people to continue to be manipulated into staying in their big tech data trap. The professor didn't mention 5g in the documentary although she mentions a lot of other important aspects on the design of products to keep you and your families under complete surveillance at all times.

It includes face recognition and voice recognition too in your own homes. She says that if people refuse the products then they will be refused the access to the on-line services. So for instance I refused google on my mobile phone, so I can't access the internet at all on my phone. That will happen with other products that people have in their homes unless the collective stand up as a united force and say, no!







No comments:

Post a Comment