Wednesday 6 February 2019

DATE SCIENCE

After shopping today, I was given "DATES" I said "yes, I've got plenty at home".

After that I saw the latest upload from Dr Greger on the science and the importance of the dates, especially for the colon.


I shall finish off the almond cake today that was made with honey and "no sugar" and "no flour".  Next I shall eat some fresh dates. I like eating fresh dates the best. Although there is lots of lovely recipes that include dates and that includes a date pudding, date cake, heart shaped date chocolates. 

Dates are one of my favourite fruits. On the menu this week is also grapefruit, lemons, strawberries and bananas. A fruity time indeed! Vegetables, kale, broccoli, red cabbage, parsnip, carrots, red onions, sweet potato, mange tout! 

Meat wise roast chicken, lamb shanks and a variety of fish and seafood. 

Plus salads, tomatoes, cucumber, iceberg lettuce, sweet peppers, chilli's.

Plus chickpeas for humous.

Cheeses, Dutch, English, Italian and Greek. I do like a choice of cheeses.

Tender loving care means feeding the body properly.

Fragrant Beef, Dates and Chickpeas recipe.  

https://www.healthyfood.co.uk/recipe/fragrant-beef-dates-chickpeas/

Spiced Beef with Dates and Cinnamon

https://www.healthyfood.co.uk/recipe/persian-spiced-beef-with-dates-cinnamon/


No comments:

Post a Comment