Saturday 15 September 2018

BEAN STEW

Thursday morning I woke up thinking butter beans and borlotti beans so last night it was a bean stew for dinner and my bean stew included homegrown produce. I like growing celery it is so easy to grow and loves the English weather.


My Bean Stew Recipe 

Red onion, four cloves of garlic cooked in olive oil with four large celery stalks and all of it's leaves. One medium sized potato cubed, red capsicum, (sweet pepper) red chilli. Once softened include water to cover and reduce the heat of the pan. Season with rock salt, black pepper, sweet Basil and Greek Basil, basil the king of herbs.

Then when the celery and potato is soft include your tomatoes and afterwards the two types of beans. The butter beans came in a tin and borlotti beans came in a box. Let it mature and thicken up and keep tasting it, add more water if required and some tomato paste. I sprinkled cheese on the top of the dish when  served and it's great with pitta bread.




Hope that you enjoy my bean stew as much as I do. It's great for nutrients and beans are very healthy for you. In America they found that Latino's living in America were more healthy than Americans due to the amount of beans that they ate. They found that the Latino's are living longer and it is attributed to the power of the nutrients in the beans. Of course southern Europeans eat a lot of beans and in England our people do liked baked beans.

When little I used to eat a lot baked beans on toast, lovely, so I've always liked beans and I used to raid the fridge of fresh tomatoes and cheese when I was just 18 months old, before my parents got up, I'd already had breakfast. Big smiles, I knew what my body required.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g9W_UM478s


I'd like to grow some butter beans so that is on my wish list, and I will try to do a better job of growing and protecting the borlotti beans next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment