Friday 14 September 2018

AROMA MARZIPAN

While I was in my "Silver Cloud" healing room, I was thinking about Greece and suddenly the room was full of the smell of marzipan. "the aroma and flavour of marzipan can partially be attributed to benzaldehyde, which is found naturally in almonds". 



Almonds are very important for health, and I always loved almonds from when I was little, almonds my favourite nut. This is the almond painting from years ago, I called the painting HOPE. My mother used to make cakes with marzipan for her family, a great way to help children and elderly people to get the nutrients in the almonds. 

αμύγδαλο


αμυγδαλωτό


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Edb8MHB57k

My mother always used to make soft almond cakes to get the nutrients inside me too, they were my favourite cakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwuLY2GFHYo


All the effort she put into fatten me up and keep me healthy, bless her. As I only weighed two stone at the age of seven and I was under Bart's Hospital. 

I don't associate the aroma of marzipan with my mother so now I am wondering who is linking in with that aroma. The prayers of the saints arrive as an aroma and so do people who have passed over that choose an aroma as their signature. For instance: Elizabeth Taylor chose the aroma of freshly baked croissants. 

This website says that the almonds were introduced to the romans as "nux graecum".  


I've got ground almonds and hazelnuts in stock to cook with. However, someone is linking in with yours truly and they are linked with Greece. I do have some Greek-Cypriot family and cousins, and one of my clients also moved to Cyprus. 

"In the Cypriot dialect, the almond tree is called “athassia” and the fruit is called “athassi”.  The origin of the word comes from the Greek  “Θασία αμυγδαλή” (thassia amygdali), which refers to the almond tree from Thassos island, which was renowned for its delicious almonds". 






Now I understand the reason for the pink in that painting it's the rose water that sometimes people put in the marzipan. In recent years I began to buy rose water to wear and also to give as presents as it is lovely for the bath and also to put on the forehead.




2 comments:

  1. More marzipan aroma this evening in the same room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While on the computer waiting for an email to arrive just now. A great whiff of almond came in front of my nose. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete