Thursday 10 April 2014

REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL

In June 2013, I shared about the name 'Makom' and today an American woman was asking about it.

http://lotusfeet22.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/hamakom-name.html

In that post it speaks of the cheerful heart, so this post is dedicated to that due to a cheerful heart being so healthy for us all. A happy heart makes the face cheerful. Proverbs 15:13 and when the face smiles, it shines the light on you. For bright eyes gladden the heart.



The cheerful heart has a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15. A cheerful heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22.

REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL 


He sings about taking his mum to Paris. I once won some money while on a date, and I took my mum to Paris with the proceeds. She brought her two friends with her, I was wearing that lovely red jumper and I had a short bob haircut at the time. I didn't like Paris very much, it was mum's place, it was where she spent her honeymoon. However, it was her happiness that mattered to my cheerful heart, at that time. We spent a lot of time together, I used to take her to the theatre, to see films, on holiday, out for dinner. Shopping trips, sightseeing, walks in the park, whatever she wished and liked to do. She did have a lot of lovely memories of being with her daughter, to hold in her heart. So I do have a cheerful heart in her respect, and in retrospect. 

If it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. Romans 12:8. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises. Jas 5:13. 

Go then, eat your bread in happiness, and drink your wine with a cheerful heart. For God has already approved your works. Ec 9:7. Beautiful! I received a cheerful invitation yesterday, to attend an open evening, I shall look forward to that and the canapes. 

So can you find some reasons to be cheerful today, for it is good and healthy for your heart of cheerfulness. I always used to say that my cup is overflowing, for it was full of abundant blessings and joy from my heart. The cheerfulness that Spirit brought is a different kind of cheerfulness, for it is divine cheerfulness and it makes you glow, like when the light is on. As a I said to a woman today, did you see Spirit with your eyes wide open, did you experience the transfiguration? Did you have a continual feast with Spirit? 

The pure water. Did you drink the pure water in the holy streams?

No comments:

Post a Comment