Thursday 24 January 2019

CHOCOLATE CRANBERRIES

I'm eating a lot of cranberries at this time, cranberries in dark chocolate that is great for the heart.

Dr Berg gives his feedback on cranberries and their importance to your body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4V5p39MhE

I've just made a hazelnut cake and I was determined not to put refined caster sugar in it. 

I did a mix of real butter, almond butter, coconut oil, with a couple of desert spoons of Ginger Syrup. Three eggs with the rest of the recipe being about 110gram of ground hazelnut, half a teaspoon of baking powder and it made a splendid cake. Topping it with cream cheese, mixed with a teaspoon of ginger syrup, and a desert spoon of vanilla essence. Ginger Syrup does have some sugar in it, although less than one would usually put into a cake if you use it in small quantities. 

It's ideal if you are detoxing from sugar slowly, and I recommend that people do, do it slowly. It was nearly 20 years ago that I stopped sugar suddenly, and it was a drastic shock for my body for a couple of weeks. The body and metabolism soon recovered though once it went into ketosis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment