Monday 2 July 2018

CORFU RECYCLING

There's a lot of noise on Corfu, and locals are protesting at the local town hall in Lefkimmi, another location with my name in it. The local mayor and his deputy have been arrested and given suspended sentences due to them having the duty to protect the environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ6BiINYfjE

There are so many unemployed healthy young men in Greece, why aren't they getting organised and on it, and sort it out. The EU target for recycling is 65%, and on Corfu they only recycle 5%.

Remember the message in the June dream, "There is no time to waste".

Their landfill site in Temploni is overflowing and has been closed, report the Daily Express. The Greeks on Corfu think the answer is to open another landfill site in Lefkimmi, although it would be better to get organised and recycle as much as they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIFxPEFOgU0


Food waste can easily be recycled, cardboard, and paper, that can all be composted and it makes great soil. I've been composting for a few months now, it's easy.

There is money in recycling, if people get organised, and people can save money with composting. Clothes can also be recycled. Plastics and bottles can be recycled. In fact, a majority of things can be recycled.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/982573/Corfu-rubbish-greece-news-EU-recycling-targets

I recycle as much as I can, even old plastic storage boxes have food growing in them. Even the old plastic washing bucket has got food growing in it.

I use everything and try not to waste anything, if I can find a use for something I do. I think the locals have to start recycling a lot more than they do, landfill sites are not the answer for the environment of the Greek Island of Corfu. As Sophia used to say, "waste not, want not".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbQU_0aA-78

I never felt drawn to go to Corfu although my parents took my son there on holiday, they said they had a lovely time, it was their last holiday abroad together. They then understood why I travelled to the Greek Islands so often and why I liked it so much. 


KYRIACOS 





No comments:

Post a Comment