Wednesday 25 July 2018

American Soya 91%+ GM

Europeans have campaigned extensively to stop GM foods being grown in Europe for decades. Although some people are aware that some manages to get into the food chain.

Today I was watching President Trump after his meeting with Juncker and they've been discussing the EU buying American Soya and agriculture among other things. Anything grown by non-organic farmers is of a serious concern to real Europeans that have taken notice of what they eat and what is in what they eat.

Why is it really important, Soya has been linked to cancer. This author, Raymond Francis says that American Soya is 91%GM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAzIcYuRSnY

In this video the Americans say that up to 94-96% of Soya is GM in America. Dr Edward Group and Anthony Gucciardi discuss the top 10 GMO food list to avoid when shopping. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LAKFhDguuw

Not surprising that in my recent dream of Trump, I wasn't happy about what had happened and it was to do with what had been changed. 


Seriously glad we are leaving the E.U. and I hope that Trump doesn't try to flog the UK, American Soya and it's Monsanto agriculture. Trump should concentrate on reducing imports to balance the trade deficit. In 2017, America bought US$2.409 trillion worth of imported products up by 3.6% since 2013, and up by 7.2% from 2016-2017. 

So for instance why is America importing vegetables and nuts when you can grow it yourselves, become self-sufficient America. 


What else is happening in agriculture, as many farmers crops are suffering from the heat and drought. 



My chilli's and sweet peppers love this weather, although I am watering them. I grew some of them from seed and overwintered the chilli last winter. It's strong and sturdy, and keeps on producing. I'm seeing more and more produce grown in England and that is great to see. My latest addition to the food growing is an apple tree. Tomatoes have arrived and I grew those from seed too. Very pleased with the growing food learning curve, now in my second year of food growing. 

I think it is a great thing to grow some of your own food, as you know how it was grown, and how pure it is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment