Sunday 15 July 2018

APPLE TREE - ELSTAR

My treat of the year last year was an Olive Tree, this year my treat of the year is an Apple Tree, I had my eye on a tree last year, although I put it on my wish list for this year. One tree per year, the Apple Tree is an ELSTAR.

It's fabulous, I'm really pleased with it. Of course the apple tree is also biblical and the apple is mentioned in Proverbs 7:2 in relation to the law. "Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eyes". 

As I used to say beauty is in the eye of the beholder for where the light is so is the beauty in what you can see. I found the beauty in the scriptures when it was time for yours truly to be shown it, now it seems so long ago when that journey began.


The patio apple tree will be joining the other fruit, the blueberry bush, red current, the goji's, and strawberries. Apple trees bring forth a memory of walking in apple orchards in Kent, in English  countryside. I would collect the apples that had come down from the trees and mum would make apple crumble to have with custard, a very English desert. I'd say, "what's for sweet mum".

Children like apple crumble, I used to make it for my son when he was young. So apples have lots of lovely memories. In biblical symbology, fruit is considered to be symbolic of joy, and I always had a full fruit bowl for my son, he did like his fruit.

Lisa Stansfield sung a great apple song, my apple heart. In Judaism, the apple is considered to be the "King of Fruit", and it was important to the Greeks and Roman's too. Apparently, when the Italians planted apple trees, it meant that they'd won!

https://www.chabad.org/kids/article_cdo/aid/114763/jewish/Apples.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRmE7zcT4B4














No comments:

Post a Comment