Thursday 20 March 2014

Lotus Mussels

Today, we will share 'Lotus Mussels', and the main ingredient is coconut and it is like a Tai dish.

Mussels for two, it was a bag of Fresh Scottish Mussels today. Discard the mussels that are open, clean the remaining ones prior to cooking. Some water to boil, with some freshly chopped garlic. Add as much garlic as you like in just enough water to cover the mussels. When the water is ready, pour in 1 tin of coconut milk. Coconut milk does come in different consistencies, depending on the manufacturer.

In advance you can make some butter balls with desiccated coconut, I made three little ones. I also made two small herb dumplings. Add these to the coconut juice with the mussels. For extra flavor and body, I added the following.

1 tablespoon of honey
I tablespoon of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of hot chilli sauce
4 fresh green chilli peppers
Black pepper to taste.

When the dish was ready, I garnished it with fresh dill and a large spring onion that was sliced.

Served with a side dish of basmati and wild rice. After the rice was boiled, I then added it to a pan that I had already prepared with the following ingredients.

Butter and olive oil.
Chopped garlic
Fresh sliced ginger
Couple of teaspoons of cinnamon
2 large fresh green chili's chopped
Splash of soya sauce



Delicious, all the nutrients that my body requires today.

The sauce that is over from the mussels, I shall use as a base for a celery or leek soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment