Friday 22 March 2019

Germinating Seeds

I put my first seeds in this week for my third season. I've put them in trays and covered the two trays. In the two trays I've put in three different types tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes and broccoli. The next to go in is some capsicum seeds, I find that seeds directly from the fruit do the best.

This is a great video on the geminating of seeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeBZSec9VlM

What's on the menu this weekend in my home for the Spring Equinox.

Soups

Carrot soup, Asparagus soup. Leek and potato soup.


Main meal of the day 

Lamb shanks, roasted sprouts in honey and oats, buttered mash and carrots. (last nights dinner)

Roast chicken cooked with capsicum, tomatoes, red onion, and chick peas. Served with wild rice.

Roast chicken with leeks, carrots, spinach and peas. Roast potatoes and red cabbage.

Avocado salad with iceberg lettuce, fresh spinach and olives. Served with humous, marinated herring and marinated anchovies.

Haddock with poached eggs.

Cheeses 

A selection from European countries.

Afters 

Almond cake
Apple crumble
Clotted cream ice cream with kiwi fruit.
Date pudding
Bananas and ice cream

My menus change weekly, never two weeks the same. That's the Aquarian for you, we don't like repetitiveness, it's just the way that we are made. Although we do like lots of nutrients and home cooked food.



Happy Purim 















No comments:

Post a Comment