Monday 16 April 2018

SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS CLOSED

A major business in the UK has announced that it's closing it's social media accounts. Pub chain JD Weatherspoon is shutting down all Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts linked to it's 900 pubs and head office. Weatherspoon's have decided that social media is not required for the success of it's business.

My view is that it won't be the last business to leave social media, as more and more people begin to wake up to the reality that the compulsion of the engagement with it is having a negative technological impact on their customers.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/wetherspoons-shut-900-twitter-facebook-instagram-profiles-immediate-effect-075112482.html

At the end of the day it wasn't social media that made Weatherspoon's a success. As I wrote the other day, I would rather put my hands in the soil, than touch the American Zuckerberg robot.

Censorship Social Media 

http://lotusfeet22.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/censorship-social-media.html


APRIL AWARENESS 




I have been to Weatherspoon's, and I don't have any accounts with Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, I just didn't like the energy of Twitter or FB when I looked at it. Although I do check in sometimes, like today I checked into the W.A.S.P.I. campaign, to see what the updates were on the judicial review held in January, 2018.

W.A.S.P.I. are not as good as 999 call for the NHS in keeping their website updated on the latest situation, so maybe the local activist groups will know.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHV6BjuQOZQ

No comments:

Post a Comment