Tuesday 24 April 2018

DUKE of WELLINGTON Message

While I was eating my homemade meat pie with puff pastry, mash, peas and sweet corn, I was given the name "Duke of Wellington". I must admit I had to look up the history on the Duke, although there are pubs in England called the "Duke of Wellington" and in my youth I did have a book on him.

It's written that he was a very young politician at age 20, and he was in the army fighting the French when he was just 25 years old.

Of course there is also "Beef Wellington", although it is not accredited to the Duke. Never mind, he certainly had something to do with Wellington Boots.

The Telegraph share with us that Wellington always quit when he was ahead. Wellington would always retreat if it meant that he could save lives by doing so. "Having reached his peak after the victory at the Battle of Waterloo, Wellington retired from the battlefield aged 46". 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/11465309/Best-Duke-of-Wellington-facts.html

I shall call my meat pie the "wellington pie", as it does have some special ingredients.

Fascinating, as my last post on this blog was about the 46 years and 3 days prophecy.

http://lotusfeet22.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/46-years-and-three-days-prophecy.html

The tomb of the Duke of Wellington is in St Paul's Cathedral. I think we should have a Duke of Wellington Day.



Sargon has given a brilliant speech in Downing Street. It's the best speech that I have heard for a long time. Get this speech out to the masses, awesomeness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj6qPcxu-o0


No comments:

Post a Comment