Saturday 8 August 2015

Elijah's Journey Film

A Jewish Israeli couple that have experienced suicide in the family, have made a documentary about it in the hope that the sharing will catapult a change in views. And that Jewish society will take this cause a lot more seriously, as it has been taboo, even in the military.



The BBC have provided a report on the launch of the documentary, why it was made by Ester and Gil, and why they called it 'Elijah's Journey' a Jewish response to the issues of suicide and prevention.

If you are interested in reading more about it, I have provided the following links.

Breaking the silence on Jewish suicide.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33772400

https://www.razoo.com/story/Elijahs-Journey

Interesting that the manuscript that I wrote while I was in Australia for a year, included information on 'suicide' and its prevention. Then there was the mission of compassion with depressed and suicidal children that I was given while I was in Australia. The first website was launched in 2000, and I was divinely asked to draw a line under it in 2005.

The following year, I was revitalised when I was sent to Israel for the first time. I am touched by the design of the logo, and I hope with all my heart that Elijah's Journey in suicidal awareness and prevention is a success, for Ester and Gil and the people that they are doing their utmost to reach.

May HaShem be with you in all that you do and say.

I noticed today that some little purple flowers have arisen in the grass, its the first time that I have seen those little flowers in the grass outside my door. Dr Viktor Frankl was an amazing man and wrote a great book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZ1Ptf42kM

No comments:

Post a Comment