Monday 12 August 2013

Soya Sauce Soup

My body intuition has been drawn to the 'Soya Sauce' and tells me that my body requires 'sodium' and Vit K, good for bones at my age. As you get older you can be more prone to leg cramps, and that is usually due to a lack of sodium. I have never been one for salt, so increasing my sodium intake is a change for me.

My soya sauce painting reminds me of our temple dog, so maybe I have a dog coming in for foster care and healing.

SOYA 



I had chicken that had been marinated in soya sauce with potatoes boiled in garlic and turmeric for lunch. When ready they were then saute in olive oil, a little butter, rosemary, and half an onion cut up small. Served with med veggies.

I left some of the water and potatoes in the turmeric liquid to make the soup, and added the soya sauce that had been used for the marinade. I measured 15 teaspoons full. Then I added the following:

2 tablespoons of red lentils
2 tablespoons of pearl barley
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
6 cardamon seeds
Sprinkle of chili powder
Half an onion, cut small.
2 large grated carrots
A sprinkle of rock salt and pepper to taste.
Extra water while cooking.

The soup was served with grated cheddar cheese on the top, and a tortilla flat bread rolled.

Delicious.

I eat pearl barley as often as I can in home  made soups, because the heavenly Father asked me to eat 'Barley', and I do like it. The Soya sauce that we eat in the UK, usually comes from the Far East and it has certainly had health benefits for the people that live there.

I was listening to this song earlier from Chris Brown, I like his sentiments and I wish him well, and good intentions. At the beginning of the video it shares with you that in America, a child dies every two hours due to guns. That is an alarming fact! Hence, he sings 'They don't know us'.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnUD7T5hQAs

No comments:

Post a Comment