Friday 28 June 2013

HaMakom the Name

Following on from the 'Shiva Sign for India' post, [1] I was asked for some more information to do with the numerics due the word 'Shiva' being found in Hebrew.  The word 'Shiva' comes from the Hebrew word 'shiv'ah', which literally means 'seven'. It is written that 'the tradition was developed in response to the story in Genesis 50:1-14 in which Joseph mourns the death of his father Jacob (Israel) for seven days'.

It was after my mother passed over in the summer of 2005 that I was sent to Israel the following Spring for the very first time in May 2006. There is also a prophecy in the bible of how I would mourn for the partner of my youth. My husband and I did not divorce for seven years because we had no reason to do so.

Apparently Jewish mourners say my name when they recite a traditional blessing when they leave a house where people are in mourning.

המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים, transliterated 'HaMakom yenachem etchem betoch sha'ar aveylei Tziyon viYerushalayim'. [2] 




A young Jewish man, Jasper Faber from Holland, asked a Rabbi, the meaning of 'HaMakom' because it mentions 'HaMakom' in the Talmud. He wrote 'When we ask, where is the place of the chair?'. [3]

I respect the responses from the Rabbi's. However, that does not mean that I agree with them.

Does it remind you of the chair that awaits Elijah in Jewish homes?

Some Jewish people view 'HaMakom' as a 'oneness beyond and within us'.  [4] They describe 'makom', or 'Ha Makom' as a place in which G-d dwells. [5].

This link and article from a photographer mentions my name again, he is writing about makom, and at the same time he writes about the location ofakim and he mentions the year 2006. The year that I was first sent to Israel. There are many places with my name and it includes a location in Iran and Egypt, there is a biblical prophecy that the LORD would plant my name in every land and nation. It was pre-ordained.

The photographer cites the fact that 'makom' can denote a 'place', 'location', or 'room'. [7]

The Hebrew word makom comes from the verb kum and it means 'to arise'. In English it is Kim, the name on my birth certificate. So was it correct for it to become a name for G-d in Judaism? Am I the heavenly Father? No, although the heavenly Father and I are one, just like a musician is one with his instrument. The heavenly Father holds his harp of faithfulness in his arms, I am placed upon his heart so that we are united in the sound that he wishes to convey from this seat, this place, this room in this location. Do you comprehend the difference? Wherever I am he is with me, I am his unfettered flame of love. Prophet Obadiah spoke of it in terms of the flame of Joseph. Yeshua spoke of the 'entrusted one' that would come to give testimony for him, the Son, the Lute of Lovingkindness.  Is it so hard for people to accept that G-d planned it all perfectly and that daughter Ziyyon, daughter Jerusalem, would come as predicted in Micah 4 and Rev 12?

The heavenly Father said 'They're wretched' and that is the first time that I have heard him speak that word. Proverbs 15 mentions the word 'wretched' and it says, 'All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast'. 15:15.

Matthew chapter 21:41, mentions 'the wretches, and how they will come to a wretched end'. It is repeated again in Revelation chapter 3:21.

Some Christians say that makom is Jesus, how can it be Jesus he did not have my birth name? However, the scriptures inform you that he called out my name when he was healing children. Every time he said 'Arise', he said my name Kum. Every time a person spoke to me and said my name from the day that I was born, they were saying 'arise', 'rise up'.


1. http://www.lotusfeet22.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/shiva-sign-for-india.html

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_(Judaism)

3. http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php?id_number=1006

4. http://www.bethelsudbury.org/sermons-lorel-zar-kessler/happiness/

5. http://shma.com/2012/06/the-place-of-place/

6. http://shma.com/2012/06/the-place-of-place/

7. http://mafteakh.tau.ac.il/en/2010-01/04/

No comments:

Post a Comment