Thursday 27 June 2013

ALUMNI Recipe - Healing Love

The hot chicken and vegetable soup was great. Some might call it a 'hot and sour' soup, although one would certainly say that it is healthy. It included the following ingredients:

Chicken stock from the chicken bones, with the remaining chicken removed from the bones.
2 large carrots
2 large cloves of garlic
2 medium sized potatoes
1 large piece of celery
1 red onion
2 leaves of green cabbage
1 large mushroom
1+ tablespoon of pearl barley
1 tbs of paprika
1 tbs of turmeric
1 tps of cumin
1 tps of hot chilli powder
1 tps of peanut butter
2 tps of ground ginger
Black pepper and rock salt
1 tbs of honey
Splash of balsamic vinegar
1 tbs of soya sauce

Keep tasting it while cooking until you like the flavor of it, you can add more of the spices and or honey etc depending upon your taste buds. I didn't have any tomato puree so I added a couple of teaspoons of tomato sauce. Just before the end of the cooking, a little pasta was broken up and added like noodles. This really makes a delicious, heartwarming soup that is full of nutrients. The bible mentions the honey and the spices for healing.

Afterwards the heavenly Father said 'Alumni' and I saw the words 'Healing Love'. So this is certainly a recipe for the book.

The on-line dictionary provides the definition of 'Alumni' and it can refer to a graduate or former graduate, as such in that context it can relate to academia. I am sharing new recipes full of nourishment and healing qualities with my son, as such, it is about the learning process for him and how to live healthily on what we have.

The word 'Alumni' comes from the Latin word 'alere' = 'to nourish', 'be nourished'.



I found cooking creative, therapeutic and relaxing, always have done so. As such, I am being nourished at the same time as nourishing. I do not view academia in the same way, although I enjoyed school very much and loved project work. I just didn't like exam time, and the pressure that is put upon children and the people to succeed. I prefer life to be natural and organic, just like the flowers growing in a field. 

I enjoy doing what I do when I can be creative and free flowing, probably due to the Aquarian in me. I am sure my generation still remember the clock ticking in exams and at exam time.

So when you review your life now how much did you nourish you and others? 

How much did you nourish others with your love?
 





Maybe it is a time for some to nourish themselves and heal the love of others by showing them how to nourish themselves. Especially at this time when we have to pay special attention to that which we eat and that which nourishes us. 

The young ones are inventive when they're shown how inventive and creative they can be. Given a free hand to create and be creative in the kitchen. There is something very attractive about a man that cooks with you, and you create together in the kitchen. Even more so when he makes some food just for you. 


The World Student Christian Federation uses the term "senior friends" for its alumni. [1] 

Food was always important to me and friends have always said 'you eat well'. When I was young the fridge and freezer always had to be full with good food. I didn't like the shopping, I enjoyed the cooking. There was always food in our house and we fed many children and adults that were brought our way. 

However, as time went by I came to comprehend why the food in the fridge and full bowl of fruit was so very important to me. Food equalled security/safety and that equalled creativity, therapeutic, relaxation. Family, values and happiness. 

I also came to know that in a past life I starved in Africa and died as a child, interesting in this life as a child I refused to eat and I was very underweight during important growth years. 2-7 years old. My parents did everything to get me to eat regular meals and I was under hospital observation. However, nobody even considered that the issue could have been linked to a past life. It was only when I got involved in past life work and healing, that I found out for myself what the connection was. 

The more that I healed myself and my 'inner child', the more it was not so important to always have a full fridge. In that way, I became a lot more frugal with food and lived the motto of prudence of 'waste not, want not'. 

Through loving the self - through healing the self, I found a security and safety within myself, I no longer sought it outside of myself from food, or outside influences like my career or relationships. That helped me to move out of the corporate world and more fully into spiritual life. 

Food took on a new meaning as a life giving source, like the sunshine and water, an essential of the heart. 

There was another aspect of it; due to my parents having experienced the rationing of food during war time. Hence there was always an abundance of good food in our house. Food was their number one priority and children live what they learn. They did their utmost to feed us as healthily as they knew how. Including lots of fresh air.
 Did your parents nourish you in the right way with the right foods at the right time? If they didn't, it is hard for children to learn that cooking is all part of the learning creative process of nourishing the body and the energy that they were blessed with. 


When I was at school they still had cooking lessons at school, they taught us how to make pastry, cakes and pies. What good was that giving children so much wheat?  It would have been much healthier if they had taught the children about the nutrients of the vegetables and how to cook different soups. 


Also children don't seem to spend so much time in fresh air today, like we did when we were children. 


Technology has had a huge impact on children, much more than most people realize at this point in time. We know for a fact that technology is impacting on their health in many different ways. No surprise then that scientists predict that many parents will outlive their children due to what they are consuming. 


No comments:

Post a Comment