Tuesday 4 June 2013

Aubergine Paprika

Today we have been sharing about 'High Blood Pressure' that a close friend of mine has, and I will share more about that in a different post.

This evening we have to cook the two aubergines that I have left in the fridge while we are still able to do so. Cayenne pepper is very good for high blood pressure, metabolism, weight reduction and a lot more. However, I do not have any cayenne in the cupboard. Although I do have paprika from the same family, and some fresh green chili as well.



This recipe includes the following:

2 aubergines
1 onion
Half of a large red pepper
1 tbs of paprika, (I tend not to measure spices, I just sprinkle the spices over the food in the pan. However, it is about a tablespoon full).
1 tbs of turmeric
2 teaspoons of grounded dry ginger.
1 fresh green chili
1 tomato
Sprinkle of rock salt (leave out the salt if you have HBP) and black pepper.
2 teaspoons of smooth peanut for extra flavor
4 cloves of garlic

Cut up the aubergines small, it was cooked in the left over palm oil and chicken fat from the meal on Saturday. However, you could just use some olive oil. Four cloves of garlic cut up small were added plus an onion. red pepper and the spices. When the aubergine was nearly cooked, added the tomato, salt and pepper and the peanut butter, plus fresh green chili. Keep mixing it all up and turning it all other, tasting to see if it is to your liking. It tastes delicious to me.

Some new potatoes on the boil, so will have the spicy aubergine with a small piece of salmon. Although you could serve if as a vegetable dish with chicken as well, or eat it on its own with rice or noodles.

I have provided you with a link on all of the health benefits of aubergine and it is packed full of nutrients. [1] This tells me that my body requires vitamin B at the moment. I am very in tune with my body, and what my body feels drawn to have on a specific day.

Aubergine is eaten a lot in the Greek Islands and I do like moussaka as well. Although I haven't eaten it or cooked moussaka for years.

1. http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/eggplant.html

No comments:

Post a Comment