Sunday 14 June 2020

TREE OF LIFE VISION

Today when I opened my eyes I could see a watercolour of a tree of life and I could see all of the branches and all of the leaves in my third eye. The tree was healthy and flourishing and it reminded me of the Tree Room where I used to teach Reiki and Ascension workshops.

Where I live I am surrounded in Trees. In spiritual symbology a whole tree can be symbolic of manifestation; the synthesis of heaven, earth and water, a dynamic life. The Tree can also symbolise the feminine principle, communication between the worlds. Nourishing, protecting, sheltering, the supportive aspect of the Great Mother.

An evergreen tree represents everlasting life, undying Spirit, immortality. The tree of life grows in paradise, it can signify regeneration and the return to the state of perfection. The Tree of Sweet Dew or Singing Tree is situated at the summit of the Sacred Mountain as the world axis.

In Buddhism the Tree can be symbolic of attained enlightenment, the Sacred Centre. A symbol of a great awakening it is the Great Wisdom Tree, the essence of Buddha.




The 14 branches of an Indian tree of life open from its axis, at whose centre is the lotus-sun, source of all life and endurance.

In Egyptian spirituality, the mother goddess distributes food and drink from the branches of the tree of life into which she is incorporated and from which she is, in fact, inseparable. The mother goddess cannot be taken from her true nurturing self, the fertility is in her ability to give, the love of giving.



In Hebrew the Tree of God symbolises all creation, the manifest world. The Hebrew Tree of life grows in the middle of the Holy City.

For information on spiritual symbology I recommend a book authored by J.C. Cooper, "An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Traditional Symbols". First published in England, in 1978.


No comments:

Post a Comment