Friday 10 May 2019

HOT CROSS BUNS MESSAGE

That was a message to receive while I was cooking my whitebait and chips.

The heavenly Father is speaking, 'HOT CROSS BUNS'. 

Hot Cross Buns on Shabbat, during our history in the UK hot cross buns were given to the poor and there is an Irish view that if you give a hot cross bun to a person they are then your friend for a year.

Every time I buy hot cross buns I always give some to my neighbour, I've always liked a hot cross bun with butter spread inside of it.

So how did it begin, hot cross buns, some say it began in Greece in the 6th century.





Of course the X can be found in Hebrew symbolism and a hot cross bun being round looks like the symbol of the thet in Greek it became Theta. 

There is an English rhyme that if you don't have any daughters than give the hot cross buns to your sons. My son used to enjoy a hot cross bun, I like them lightly toasted too with butter melting on top. 

So it looks like we are going to be making hot cross buns this weekend.



It is written that in the lead up to a Jewish holiday, the sages would begin instructing the masses regarding the laws of the holiday and on the 19th of May, it is the Second Passover. Sometimes I like to check in to see what Chabad are saying about a specific day, although I don't always agree with them. For instance they speak of kindness being an "emotional attribute", as far as I am concerned kindness isn't emotional.

Kindness is being thoughtful, when you have more buns than you can eat than share your food with others. Kindness is compelled by the heart of intelligence. Kindness thinks ahead of time, to make sure that loving kindness is always available for those that might be on their own or lacking the appropriate nutrients.

https://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day.htm

Kindness is saying, I am always around to guide you, always speaking, always looking out for you.

Great Spirit knowing what my body requires before I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment