Tuesday 18 July 2017

ANCHOVY DINNER

I have always liked anchovies, fresh and tinned. I used to put anchovies on my homemade pizza's when my son was growing up. He didn't like anchovies so I just put them on my side of the deep pan pizza with a mountain of ingredients.

I really like fresh raw marinated anchovies on a salad, and I always have a few tins in the cupboard, as I do like seafood and fish very much. Tinned anchovies are an acquired taste, (and taste different to the fresh variety) as they are very salty, although high in nutrients, you don't require many to make a lovely meal. Half a small tin is plenty for one person for one meal.

RAGGED FISH PAINTING

2017

In recent days I really fancied some spaghetti for a change, so it was an anchovy and spaghetti dinner this evening. Tomato was also called for today, so tomato in dinner it was.

I boiled my spaghetti, and while that was boiling, I gently sauted half an onion, in two finely chopped cloves of garlic in olive oil. When the onions were soft,  included some homemade salsa, (that I had taken out of the freezer yesterday), plus home grown herbs, three different types of basil, (loads of it) and some parsley with some black pepper.

When cooked, mixed it up with the drained spaghetti, sprinkled it with mozzarella cheese, and put my anchovies on the top. Delicious with a slice of buttered brown seed bread, and a glass of red wine, dinner for one!

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4028/2

So lots of nutrients in my dinner this evening, anchovies are strong in sodium, so it's important for people to know what they're eating, as some people have to limit the amount of sodium that they consume due to health conditions. I have minimal sodium in my menu's, although I know when my body is asking for some sodium. Seafood is incredibly important for nutrients, and minerals, so seafood is included in healthy food menu's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io5bsuJqImo

There is 144 different species of anchovy and it is a very oily fish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchovy

The power of English cherries for afters. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnkb7M3dKTg

No comments:

Post a Comment