Friday 28 July 2017

ALMOND BUTTER

The nut that I most liked while growing up was almonds, sugar coated almonds were my favourite. Although in my older years, almonds are still as important as they were to my body when I was younger.  I sometimes put almonds in my humous and smoothies for extra nutrients, today, I am making almond butter.



More information on Almonds and how they can help your eyes and vision. Almonds offering some great minerals, and vitamin E, that is essential for boosting your collagen with the manganese.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/nutrition/vitamin_e.htm


When I make almond butter, I leave my almonds to soak in water for a couple of days to soften, drain them off, then mash them in my blender in some water. If you like the almond essence smell, and taste, you can include a teaspoon of it, some people put a pinch of rock salt in it, and you can also flavour it if you wish to do so with cinnamon or coffee etc. Today, I've included some coconut oil to give it a nice consistency and flavour, and you can just eat it as a nutrient off the spoon. Although I am pondering on making some almond cakes as a treat for this weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/almond_cake

Sardines are on the menu this evening, and they would be lovely with almond butter, garlic, and herbs. A vitamin E dinner. I am very fortunate that I like fish and seafood and I think that is partly due to some of my ancestry, as Jewish people that lived in Spain and Portugal, did eat seafood.



I shall have a small starter of pineapple chicken and a little rice, followed by sardines with a new potato and chive salad. Then cherries for afters. I have some bananas that have to be eaten up, so they may have to go into a cake or a nutrient drink. It's important that you know what you are eating, and why, and what nutrients are in the food. Every body requires tender loving care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkoaKL33HLc

Happy healing with almonds and fish. I used to cook trout with almonds, although trout is expensive these days, so I only have some trout if it has been reduced in price. Another sardine recipe, and tomatoes are so healthy for you, especially for the prostate.




No comments:

Post a Comment