Friday 29 January 2016

TRAVIS MEAL

I am cooking again and that's always a good sign. Earlier today I made a Kiwi Smoothie see my food blog for the recipe. Then afterwards I began to make my meal with the ingredients that I have, I was going to make a soup and name it my 'Bowie Zowie' soup. However, after I had done my prep for the carrot soup and green lentil burgers and everything was in the oven.

I was given the name of 'Travis', the name of a dear friend that passed over with 'prostate cancer'. Once upon a time he was a partner in a Mexican restaurant in London, if my memory serves me, it was in Covent Garden. His name 'Travis' means 'Cross', 'Cross Over'. There is also a Scottish band with that name.



So what have I prepped for my shabbat meal this evening?

Sliced potatoes in garlic, basil, pearl barley, cooking in the oven. Half of the ingredients are going to go into my green lentil burgers, and the other half is going into my carrot soup.

Green lentils are in the oven at the same time, with tiny cubed carrot cooking in water in a different dish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-2fYPEz2lo

Carrots prepped in the juicer with some water, spices added. Spices included: Coriander, turmeric, ginger, and paprika and some pink salt. Added water to the casserole dish with the other ingredients. When nearly cooked, I shall add some fresh orange juice to taste, some passat, and half of the potatoes and pearl barley from above.

All in the oven means everything can cook at the same time - in the same heat - and I don't have to stand over watching it. Further spices will be added to the green lentil burgers and I like red kidney beans in my lentil burgers with chilli pepper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w45_dsXLHNg


No comments:

Post a Comment