Tuesday 2 November 2021

MY COCKAPOO

On the 29th of July, 2021,  I received a dream of my puppy and the dream indicated that there would be a financial set-back. That certainly happened, the car went into the garage and it took the garage a month to sort it out, costing nearly £900. Over £100 in transportation to meet the appointments that had already been arranged. Then my puppy was diagnosed with Fox Lungworm so then there was the vet fees and medication costing over a £100. Plus the cost of his extra nutrients for detoxing his body from the medication. 

In October, the mirror from the passenger seat of the car was taken, waiting for the manufacturer's distributor to get back to me when they have the part in, that's going to cost another £75.00 for the part and to fit it. 

https://lotusfeet22.blogspot.com/2021/07/carnelian-bracelet-dream.html

The good news is that my puppy has recovered from the Fox Lungworm and he is doing great. He  received the all clear in his latest stool test with the laboratory last week. 

I had him weighed today, and he weighs in at 11.5 kilos, that is 25lb. His growth rate and putting on weight has slowed right down now that he is 7 months old. The Cockapoo has started shedding a little of his coat and that is a clear sign that his adult winter coat is coming through. His third visit to the groomers is on the 15th November, 2021, I do groom him every other day, but he still doesn't like it and tries to make into a game. 

I bought some great nail clippers that light up at Lidl for £3.99, I did manage to clip a couple of his nails. I'd like us to be able to get to the point where I can groom him myself. 


10th November, it is raining in the UK today, he doesn't mind the rain. There is a lot of Cocker Spaniel in him, he likes to sniff everything when we go out together on our walks. We are still doing leash work together and he's not really interested in treats when we are out walking, he's rather sniff everything that he can. He is still learning different words, the most recent is "Look at me" when I give him a homemade treat. He is an adorable companion and I often wake up with his head resting upon mine. 

2 comments:

  1. FARM ANIMALS
    "In the past two decades, lungworm cases have increased tenfold, according to a report published by researchers at the University of Liverpool."
    https://www.fwi.co.uk/livestock/health-welfare/livestock-diseases/parasitic-diseases/advice-on-vaccinating-cattle-against-lungworm-the-dos-and-donts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed, I think we are all clear of the fleas indoors now.

    ReplyDelete