Saturday 22 June 2019

ALERT JUICERS

Dr Greger from Nutrition Facts shares the latest research on Spinach, Chard and Beet Greens, Don't Eat Too Much.

Text with the video: "Given their oxalate content, how much is too much spinach, chard and beet greens, chaga mushroom powder, almonds, cashews, star fruit and instant tea. In the video he actually mentions 'iced tea".

The issue is that if you eat too much fresh greens it can have an adverse impact upon your kidneys due to oxalate damage. Certainly five to six cups every day would be too much for the kidneys, so juicers beware.


Also too much fruit each day can wear out the pancreas, so make sure you know what you are eating and why.

I do like a plate of fresh spinach a few times a month, with with watercress, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese with fresh herbs, olive oil and garlic. I also like cooked spinach, although I don't overeat it and I don't juice greens.

Interesting that the chard and spinach didn't grow that great for me last year, although the beet leaves usually do great, just enough to put in some salads. During the summer I usually eat my salads fresh from the garden.



Dr Greger also says a cup of almonds or cashews each day is also overeating on nuts,  I do like my ground nuts although I don't eat them every day. I cook with ground almonds and ground hazelnut. I like cashews too but don't eat them every day.

I try to have a balanced diet and everything in moderation. At the same time as making sure that I eat specifically for my health and conditions that I encounter. I have a checklist to make sure I am including what I must eat weekly and my menu's are different each week. So for instance this week my body was asking for spices, I am body intuitive and listen to what my body is asking for.

I must admit I always thought that juicing greens on a daily basis was excessive and I didn't engage in that, I don't follow fashion and fads.  I do like a banana in the blender with goats milk sometimes, it makes a great drink.

I did have kidney stones once but it wasn't due to eating too much fresh greens, I was around 19 years old and I was drinking a lot of pepsi cola with ice in it; apparently the kidneys don't like ice. At that age I wasn't detoxing the kidneys either. Whereas now I have celery for detoxing sometimes, celery that I also grow.

https://youtu.be/RMlPjTuVmOQ




No comments:

Post a Comment