Wednesday 21 September 2016

FORMIDABLE WASPI's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awanoUsHuhA

British women can be very formidable, and they are seen in this timeline. The WASPI's now have over 120 MP's support and more than 190,000 people have signed up to the petition. Across the country and the UK, from Scotland to Devon in the South West. Expats in Franc even have their own Waspi group. 

The article from the Telegraph shares that the intention is to increase the pension age to 67 for both men and women. However, yours truly knows, that some 40 year old women have already been told that they won't be able to retire until they are 70 years old. This means, this applies to all generations, both men and women. The Conservatives don't plan on allowing anyone to have a decent and dignified retirement, and many of the women born in the 1950's, began work full-time at the age of 15. In fact, many of us were doing part-time jobs prior to that.

In my case, I had three part-time jobs at the age of 13. I was doing a paper-round before going to school, I was collecting for charity, fortnightly.  I also had a Saturday job in a clothes shop. At 15, I was working six days a week. After that I was working six days a week, plus a couple of evenings, due to the high cost of living in London. Is it any wonder that these women are dauntless? 

No comments:

Post a Comment