Sunday 13 March 2016

ALMOND MANGANESE

The almond adventure.  From almonds you can make almond milk, almond dips, including an almond humous, of course there is also almond butter. Almonds are very high in manganese, when I was a child, almonds were my favourite nut. Some people leave the almonds to soak over night prior to making almond milk and draining off the residue to put on their breakfast or in yoghurt. 

If you put almonds in your juicer, it does clam up, and you have to keep on moving the almond and adding water to keep it fluid. If you stop and taste it along the way, you can decide at which point you like the consistency and how you would like to eat or drink the almonds. 

I was intent on making an almond drink, so I kept on adding water that had been boiled, then cooled. I kept on adding the water until it became a drinkable consistency. I then added ten small dried apricots, to the 185g of almonds, and included eight dates to sweeten it further. Of course you could add some raspberries, or fresh pineapple or a kiwi too. 

Almond is my nut of hope, and if I had to describe myself in terms of what nut am I? 

I would tell you an almond of hope. This is my almond painting. Interesting that it has pink in it, so I think we have to put the raspberries with the almonds, the gold surround could also be symbolic of the pineapple or other golden fruits as in apricots. Almonds require fruit that is light and juicy with it, although it would be lovely with a just a touch of brandy in it, just a teaspoonful. 

HOPE 



This time it is just about trying it until I find how best I like it to drink, and the result was to drink just a small glass of it, drink it in small quantities. Give your bodies time to assimilate the messages from the almonds. So I recommend that with the almond drink, you drink a little at a time. 185g of almonds is too much for your body to accept in one go. So gently does it with the almond drink, drink some and put the rest in the fridge. You can pour some on breakfast, on yoghurt, on salad even. 

The almond drink that you make can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days. Although I recommend that you drink or eat it with in three days. In fact next time, I will make some almond butter with half of the 185g of almonds, and make a drink with the rest. 

You have to experiment with the almonds, and see what works for you and your body, because different people are at different stages of their health recovery with healing foods for their health conditions. 

However, almonds are essential for that extra manganese to give a booster to the collagen. Essential for people with Sjogren's, skin conditions, and for people that have undergone any type of surgery, including dental surgery. 

Almonds are for prevention and they're also for recovery, as the LORD said, 'Collagen', Manganese'. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3HvS-40lrg

https://youtu.be/QVvnBZHqF1I

Now when you go to wash your juicer out after making whatever you choose to make with your almonds, and there is still some almond mixture left in the juicer. You can put some hot water into the juicer, wash it around and put a teaspoon of coffee in it. There you have a nice warm almond coffee, you could put some chocolate instead if you prefer a hot chocolate. Delicious, that's the way I like to drink it. 

UPDATE 16th March 'Day of Inspiration'.


My drink of the day is half of a juiced pineapple, 4 soup spoonfuls of the almond manganese with four spoonfuls of greek yoghurt. Delicious. The drink caused a sneeze and a clearing of the sinus.

28th March Birthday drink, Orange, Almonds and Banana. 

http://lotusfeet22.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment