Thursday 23 October 2014

Lotus Feet's Diwali Curry

As this partial solar eclipse comes on the 'Diwali festival' its curry time for Lotus Feet. I looked in the freezer and all I had was some chicken livers. So a chicken liver bhuna type dish it is then.

100 gram of chicken livers are low priced and they make a handsome fulfilling meal for two in a curry. I like having some in the freezer, because I like to make homemade chicken liver pate.

Rinse the chicken livers and let them drain for 20-30 minutes.

Two tablespoons of olive oil, saute a handful of chopped onions with 4 cloves of garlic.

I had two green chili's left in the marination in the palm oil and balsamic vinegar, so I added that to the pan. 4 red chili's, I had some baby ones in the fridge.  Then I add my indian spices.

Heaped teaspoon of the following:

Turmeric
Ground coriander
Cumin
Chilli powder

A sprinkle of rock salt, then added 10 cardamom. Either ginger root, ground ginger, I added a teaspoon of minced ginger paste. Its really mashed ginger.

Let spices cook well, keep stirring, and when the chicken livers are ready you can add them to the pan. Give them a good wash a couple of times in cold water prior to cooking.

When the chicken livers are browned, you can then add a tin of chopped tomatoes. Make sure that you stir the tomatoes well into all of the sauce created by the spices and olive oil etc. Leave it simmering while you cook your rice or cous cous.

I've already had a lot of rice this week, so I chose to have a cous cous in coconut milk. I added a squirt of JIF lemon, (would've used fresh if I had any fresh lemon). Added a sprinkle of melon seeds for the magnesium, and four heaped teaspoons of ground almond.

Then while the cous cous was swelling with the coconut milk, melon seeds, lemon and almond that I had warmed up to near the boil. You simply cover the cous cous and it soaks up all the coconut milk that you have put in the dish.

While the cous cous was swelling, I added a handful of sultanas to the curry. And hard boiled a couple of eggs.

The curry was dressed with a sliced egg and some coconut flakes.

It was also accompanied with some mint yoghurt on the side.

Lots of different flavors, tastes and textures.

Delicious.

Happy Solar Eclipse. Happy Diwali

Love beyond measure

My son doesn't like chicken livers. Big smiles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWYAbKbCJeY

Forever yours

Lotus Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment