Sunday 14 August 2016

MILO SMOOTHIE

A couple of days ago I found some gala apples from Brazil that had been reduced to ten pence. Five apples that works out at 2 pence each. So I made a new smoothie today. One gala apple, one banana, (the bananas were 25 pence) some raspberries from the freezer with some fresh milk. Delicious. I'm not a big apple eater, so drinking apple is one way around it and it came out a lovely soft pink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-8ovk81nNM

I will have another one of those smoothies today for nutrients, and see what else I can do with the apples. I like a traditional English apple crumble, although I don't have an oven at the moment. So I have to think about what I can cook in the pan with the apples. Amazing isn't it that England is apple country, yet we are shipping in apples from Brazil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vfCwoMVKuc

Do you remember apple fritters that we used to be able to get at the local markets? They were really lovely, a fritter with a slice of apple in it. At school we used to stuff apples with sultanas and bake them. I like red cabbage cooked with apple, onions, garlic and cider. Although I quite fancy a curry today. I have the apples, onions, some mushrooms, sweet potato, and plenty of other vegetables in the freezer.  So it looks like its going to be a vegetable curry today. Have a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment