Tuesday 4 April 2017

Saffron Spice More Expensive Than Gold


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-FqRjSl78c

In November 2016, I was being given Saffron, and shown Saffron, and I've been looking for a reliable source of it ever since. I found it a reliable health food shop that had in it in powder form, although when I was given the vision of it, I was shown the pieces known as Stigmas.

I've found some in a delicatessen, although they were charging £1.50 for only three pieces. I thought that was expensive for the crocus spice, if you have to have it on a regular basis for health reasons.

SAFFRON 
2016 Paintings 

http://lotusfeet22.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/saffron-vision.html


In England we grew Saffron in Tudor times although it's reported that cheaper foreign imports of the spice took over from the farming of it in England. However, we are growing it again in England, so that is great to see happening. It is being grown in Saffron Walden by the farmer David Smale and business is booming. One gram of it is selling for up to £75.00. 

Saffron Walden is an historic location and it's great to see that after 200 years, growing Saffron in that location is back, surely its namesake. A link to the story of how it came to be. 



HISTORIC SAFFRON WALDEN 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APvOU0WMVkQ

Saffron Walden music "Just As I AM". 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffron_Walden

I once knew a lovely elderly couple that lived in Saffron Walden, they were involved in antiques, they were a special couple in my heart when my son was a babe in arms. They were very kind to the new mum, and they bestowed a gift when my son was born. That was over three decades ago in the days when my restoring began. I'm being corrected, it wasn't Saffron Walden, it was Sible Hedingham where that couple lived. 

The English countryside is so historic, so beautiful, so cared for. Once you have lived in the peacefulness of the English countryside, there's no going back to the big city of London, if you hold peace in high regard in your heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment