Sunday 23 February 2014

RIP Maria von Trapp

The other day I wrote about the 'Sacred Wheel' and shared the message and painting. [1] The name of 'Ann-Marie' was mentioned. Today there is news that the last singing member of the 'Sound of Music' family as passed over. 'Maria von Trapp', passed over age 99, bless her soul, that is a ripe old age. [2]



I knew of the film of the 'Sound of Music' since a child, and loved Julie Andrews in the film. However, it is interesting to read the story of 'Maria von Trapp' and how after her family left Austria, they were taken to America and there they toured.

It is written that the 'Governess' of the children that became the second wife, passed over in 1987. '87' my son would have been just four years old at that time. I was in full-time employment, running a part-time business, and involved in charitable works. Looking back in hindsight, I simply do not know, how I managed to fit everything in. At that time, my life was filled with so much, it ensured that I didn't have the time, to really seek within. That came afterwards, the more that I shed that which was filling up the life.

The inspiration of the 'Sound of Music', also came into my life on a spiritual level, for it was when I returned from Australia, that I was presented with the appearance of 'Julie Andrews' as she was in the sound of music. I was commanded to have my hair cut and styled like it, in the same way.

It would be years later, that the cause of truth related to it, and the reason for the command was revealed to me. Of course, I did as I had been asked to do at the time. After the return from Australia, my skin disease had mostly healed up, so I was able to wear my hair short at that time. Being in the sunshine for a year, really did my skin, a lot of good. I can understand why the LORD gave me that respite. The sunshine is so important for the health of my body. I just blossom in the sunshine.

As we know the story of the governess and the children inspired the world. I sometimes wonder, if people comprehend its deeper meaning in all of its realities. How the convent and its nuns, could not contain, the sheer beauty of the loving heart of Maria.

Funny how the other day I asked the musicians to give me a 'RE', after the LORD had spoken of it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIjobdArtiA

It is written that the reason that the Captain hired the governess for the children, was due to the health of one of the children, [2] the lady that has just passed over. Well his wife certainly ensured that she lived long life, maybe it was all that love, singing, and good energy that did it.



1. http://www.lotusfeet22.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/sacred-wheel.html

2. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26311694

No comments:

Post a Comment