Friday 11 November 2022

REMEMBRANCE DAY

 

A friend asked for the Poppy to be his flower symbol, he was in the military in Rhodesia prior to moving to America with his mother. He passed over in June 2010. The Poppy is the symbol of the British Legion. 

In the UK it is Remembrance Day, 2 minutes of silence at 11.am. My dad was conscripted and he married my mum after he was allowed to leave the army. 

A friend that passed over in 2021 was former RAF, my thoughts are with him also. Before his passing, he said, "I will wait for you with your dad". After his passing he said, "With your dad". 

Like this English man, I also have ancestors that died during WWI and WWII. Do you? 


Never to be forgotten. After my dad passed over he spoke and he said, "Forget-me-not". 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11416231/What-time-Remembrance-Day-two-minutes-silence-Armistice-Day-honoured.html

No comments:

Post a Comment