Saturday 4 August 2018

PERSISTENT LADY


Eclipse of Hearts 



It made me smile yesterday when I was praised for my persistence big smiles - the rich heart - that which is divine is gorgeously persistent and Jesus loves persistence!

Did you know there is a parable of the persistent widow - it's a parable that Jesus shared to pray and not give up! He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men

And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea - "Grant me justice against my adversary" 

For some time he refused - but finally he said to himself "Even though I do not fear God or care about men - yet because this widow keeps on bothering me - I will see that she gets justice - so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming! 

And the Lord said - "Listen to what the unjust judge says" and will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones - who cry out to him day and night - will he keep on putting them off - he will see that they get justice and quickly - However when the Son of Man comes will he find faith on the earth! 

Interesting that the parable appears in Luke 18 and the numeric of this year ends in 18!

The Son of Man is also a term of endearment for a prophet - as Daniel and Ezekiel were both called "Son of Man": 150 biblical scholars at the Jesus seminar agreed that when Jesus spoke of the "Son of Man" to come he wasn't referring to himself!

So let's think about this - most people think that the judges involved in Tommy Robinson's life were "unjust" and as the parable says those judges generally don't fear God's people yet the judge did fear the woman that kept on bothering him - interesting hey!

Does it remind you of Isaiah "For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow - so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations" Isaiah 61:11

There is lots of different fruit sprouting in my garden - I've even harvested some borlotti beans today!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj1Tti6XHN8

No comments:

Post a Comment