Thursday 7 November 2013

Orange, Carrot and Coriander Soup

Following on from the divine guidance of the smell of oranges, I have made some carrot and coriander soup with a difference. I can never follow a recipe exactly. I always have to put some of my own creativity into it. So my Carrot and Coriander Soup is with Orange and a lot more as follows:



2 small-medium potatoes cubed.
2 celery sticks, sliced thinly.
4-5 large carrots grated.
3 tsp of ground coriander.
1 tsp of ground ginger.
1 tbsp of palm oil.
1 large onion, chopped small.
2-3 tbsp of milk.
1tbsp of honey.
3 segments of garlic.
Ground pepper and rock salt to taste.

Recipes for Carrot and Coriander soup recommend frying the veggies first. I didn't do that. I put most of the ingredients in a medium sized pan filled with water with the spices. Allowed it to go to the boil, then reduced the heat to a simmer. Then added the palm oil as I felt it required more depth of flavor. After that I added the juice of a large fresh orange at the end of cooking. Let it simmer for awhile, tasted it again, the soup required sweetening, so I added a tablespoon of honey, last but not least I then added 2-3 tablespoons of milk.

That has made plenty of soup to eat or freeze. It tastes delicious. Hope that you like it. I make soups with healthy nutrients for what my body requires, after I've received the divine guidance.

Here is a great song that our very own Rebecca Ferguson is bringing out at the end of this month. Its called 'I Hope'. An extraordinary woman with an extraordinary voice. A real classic that will stand the test of time, just like our healthy soup.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUUU5LSbYHA


Love beyond measure 

The light of hope


No comments:

Post a Comment