Saturday 12 May 2018

MINESTRONE

What's for dinner today, I've been instructed to have vegetables this week, and I have some tomatoes to cook up, so I thought I might make some minestrone soup. I also have some swede in chicken brine to have as the base for the soup. The trinity of Italian cooking is garlic, celery and tomatoes, so they are definitely in.

You can put a mixture of vegetables in although carrots and potatoes cut small are usually included.

The Wiki link mentions beans, and you could put in borlotti beans, although I also like butter beans. I've eaten beans at least three times this week, so I won't be having beans again this weekend.

There is also some pasta to include, although I usually put in smaller pasta than in this photograph.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minestrone

10cc brought out a song, "Life is a Minestrone".  

A really silly song, there is certainly a lot of silliness going on today, 
on the internet,  in social media, I think it must be the weather. 
I like the tune and the singers, just don't like the lyrics. 


Muslims telling Africans that they're taking over, 
some African women tell me they're taking over. 

Sweden has been in the RT news, 
a 160% increase in 'crime and violence" since 2015. 
The high cost of immigration = no go zones. 

So where does that leave us Brits, right in the middle of it all. 

BREXIT 

Heard today that two more of our guys that go to Speakers Corner 
have been banned on Twitter. 

Stay upright guys, stay upright. As upright as a stick of celery. 

Love, love, love, and more love. 





1 comment:

  1. Another bus on fire, this time in Rome.
    https://uk.yahoo.com/news/video/bus-bursts-flames-rome-135338369.html

    ReplyDelete