Monday 13 July 2015

HEDGEHOG HELP

Two large hedgehogs were outside my door - my son saw them and said, mum, there are two hedgehogs outside. I just had to go and see them for myself, as I know that hedgehogs are in decline in the UK due to housebuilding and fences etc. The keynote of the hedgehog is a 'renewed sense of wonder' and their cycle of time is the autumn.




Due to the decline of the hedgehogs in the UK, we are asking people to do as much as they can to help the hedgehogs. Everyone requires help - including our hedgehogs that like to have a place to hibernate, a place that they can call their own, and you can help them with a little time and effort.






This is a rather splendid and elaborate hedgehog house. 



This is an alternative 

If you love nature, then you love hedgehogs.





Have you heard of the 'Hedgehogs Dilemma'? 

The psychologists metaphor for the challenge in human intimacy. 

In psychology it was used in the context to explain 'introversion' and 'isolationism' due to the hedgehog being viewed as 'prickly'. That just goes to show how little those psychologists knew about the spiritual reality of being a recluse and a mystic. Ask a psychologist how much work and experience they've had with mystics - and see what response you get. 

It is written that in 1919, Freud went to the USA and he said, 'I'm going to the USA to catch sight of a wild porcupine, and to give some lectures'. I wouldn't describe Americans as a 'porcupine', some of them are more like a 'bull in a china shop'. They know, I love them really! However, I do understand those that have chosen to be a recluse - and be away from the rest of their culture and nation. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog%27s_dilemma

Becoming a recluse isn't unique to a single nation or culture, or even state of being, for many in the 21st century, it is a choice that has been actively and positively lived - in the peace of the being.

For some they are putting their health first, just because a person chooses not to have a mate, doesn't mean that they would ever fit into a category that was introduced by Freud. Freud and his work, is the 'old order' and that is being swept away, as the old heaven and earth is passing away and everything is being made anew. 

I view the two hedgehogs outside my door as my friends, God's creatures always bring their messages. And as my son said, they are mating. If there is anything that I can do to help my friends that are brought to my door, then I do so. They are such peaceful creatures, and they just wish to live in their natural habitat of the hedges - that man as taken from them.

I have a nice little space for those hedgehogs hidden behind some trees, we shall make a home for the hedgehogs there and when I remember I shall leave out some water, and mushrooms etc. Once they know we have food for them - they will return to a place where they know that they are safe.

Hedgehog teaches that there is strength in vulnerability - and when we know that they are vulnerable, and they turn to us for help, we give them all of the help that we can. 







1 comment:

  1. Hedgehog Story in the news.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-33946833

    ReplyDelete