Wednesday 21 February 2018

URBAN GARDENER

I can feel it coming on today, time to do so gardening. My garden is a container garden, as it means that I can move the pots around depending on how the plants are doing. I also have a very small garden, and a small freezer, so it's important that I only grow what I can eat, what I can ferment, and what I can share. I still have some chilli, sweet pepper and tomato seeds from eaten food from last year, so I am ready to go. Some of my herbs are still flourishing inside and outdoors.

Time to visit the garden centre to see what new things can go into the garden this year. The tomatoes, lettuces and celery did brilliant last year, and the beetroot can go in now too. I've noticed that the celery is regrowing, so that's great. The turmeric is still indoors, although it's not growing much. Although we have had some sunshine.

The red cabbages are going to have come out, as they went in too late last year. I've got some more ginger to put into soil too and I will have another go at growing spring onions and garlic. People recommend that you put seeds and ginger in water first, just overnight could do it. So give it a try, and get your garden going with healing foods and herbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment