Sunday 11 December 2022

HIRE TALENT NOT DEGREES

This is a great 2min video from an elder, hire people because they are talented not because they're educated. I've been saying that for decades. 

There are plenty of educated people in politics and look at the mess they've made of it. 

Elon Musk hires talented workaholics that have passion for the work that they do. 

I remember when I first started work for an ad agency in London and two women took me for a drink at the local pub, they asked me to stop working so hard because I was showing them up. 

I pondered upon what they said and carried on with my own work ethic that had been instilled by my parents. Within six months I was promoted and they were not. Talented people go above and beyond what they are asked to do. 

One of my bosses said he told the board of directors, she's the best thing since sliced bread was invented. I thought that was a funny analogy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment