Saturday 2 July 2016

Green Teddy Poem

Can you find gladness,
when there is so much sadness in the world?
While some commemorate those that were felled like tall trees.
Others are celebrating being free to be me,
with a key that can open the door, just like before.

With a keyring with a green teddy bear,
and a three letter word,
the name that is the same,
with or without a windowpane.



We cannot refrain from the love
that rebounds handsomely.
Placing the breadcrumbs on the grass,
feeding the birds tenderly.
Always remembering,
those that have to be fed in our hearts.

It started in a park, and feeding the ducks,
as she listened to the water, has she sat upon the edge.
A river of birds, and lovely swans.
Sweetheart memories of peace and happiness.

Some gave up too easily,
I knew in my heart from the start,
if they really loved me,
they would never give up,
until they'd won the cup.



That green teddy bear,
looks me straight in the eye,
You put me in the cupboard,
now you see I've been right
all of the time.

Just a little eco bear,
with a big message to share,
I really do care.

The eco bear carries a lovely rhyme,
It is appropriate in time.

My name the bear,
I can be your special friend,
and our bond will never end.

Ever true we will be,
because you can depend on me.

On the keyring another card,
BONUS with a number,
and it says, win, save, deliver.
Now its time for slumber.



No comments:

Post a Comment