Thursday 11 May 2023

GUT DOCTOR FOR DOGS

Holistic vet, Dr Nick Thompson's podcast on Herbs, Healing and Inflammation. 

40mins 


When my dog was a 4.5 month puppy he was having raw food with Verm-X in it. Soon after he began having their crunchies. 

He's now 25.5 months and he has decided that he likes to eat sprats for the first time. That's great because up to now I've had to make him homemade treats with fish in the treats. I've made him treats with mackerel, pilchards, sardines and tuna fish. I include grated carrot, sweet potato, a little garlic, fresh ginger, ground pumpkin and sunflower seeds, some herbs, e.g. thyme, oregano, rosemary. I bind with an egg, some ground almond and ground walnuts. I've tried giving him some salmon oil but his body doesn't like it much at this point. 

In respect of the podcast, I used to give my puppy a sprinkle of Chamomile tea leaves in with his raw food to keep him calm. I tried slippery elm for his gut, it didn't work for us. Dogs are like humans they're not all the same. However, once we changed over to raw food, tummy upsets stopped until he caught any parasites. He's a Cockapoo, a scavenger and a licker of grass etc in his first 18 months of life, he caught three different lots, all different. 









No comments:

Post a Comment