Saturday 7 September 2019

Looking After Lilies

This is a great little video on looking after your flowers. I bought another one today as it was more economical to purchase the plant than buy a bunch of flowers.

SUNNY BONAIRE 


Today I bought a "Sunny Bonaire", and it is light lavender pink. I usually buy one a year for mum's garden, this year I bought two that were reduced in price.


Yesterday,  I also bought some evergreen shrubs, a Pink Azalea, A Lavatera Barnsely Baby, and a Pink Camelia for the garden. I found those at Aldi for £1.79 each. I like investing in perennial's.

The food growing is also going great and I have really enjoyed the harvest this year. I've been eating plenty of the purple beans and there is zucchini and tomatoes in abundance.  So last night I made some tomato chutney with apples from my patio apple tree, also pickled my chilli's with mustard seeds etc.

I have some sprouts growing, pak choi, melon, pumpkin, chia and mustard growing. Once again I started the melon off too late in the season, although the sun flowers are about to blossom.

Alongside the sweet capsicum, beetroot and carrots. Two out of three lemon seedlings have survived the changeable British weather, so hopefully, I will be able to overwinter them OK. Taking care of the lemon seedlings is best if you don't overwater them. So be very careful and water them sparingly while they are young. They also like a sandy soil mix.

There is some sweet potato that is flowering, some herb cuttings, along with some cuttings from the grape vine, blueberry bush, apple tree and a lady gave me some elderflower cuttings. As I like to drink elderflower. It has been a great third year of food growing and gardening for yours truly, thoroughly enjoyed the progress and all that it has taught me.

I'm in a two year in my life cycle so it has been great for my relationship with nature, and surely, it is so natural for yours truly to be at one with it.

Happy gardening and food growing everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment