Saturday 17 February 2018

KIMCHI a story of LOVE and Patience

Kim from south Korea shares with us how he makes his Kimchi for his wife. It's interesting how people make it differently to suit their own tastes. They ferment it for a long time in south Korea. Fermented foods for gut health are being looked at during this new year of the dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bou9l7XlDwc

I made some Kimchi today, in my Kimchi, I put in layers of white cabbage, garlic, ginger, carrot, chilli pepper, sweet pepper, spring onions, and some soya sauce and apple cider vinegar. I like Kimchi in sandwiches in the winter time, although it can be eaten at anytime of the year. Some suggest fermenting your vegetables in celery juice, and that would be interesting to try. I noticed today, that my celery has started to regrow and that pleased me. 

What's important is that you like what you eat, so try different vegetables that you like in different liquids to see what works for you. Other fermented foods that I eat are gherkins, olives, artichoke hearts, and walnuts. How about a nice date and cashew nut chocolate cake too.

That is the Korean story of love and patience in making Kimchi, although we find Kimchi in more than one reality. In fact, there was a Jewish family of Kimchi scholars. This link provides some information about that family, and how David Kimchi responded to Christians in respect of the Psalms.

https://www.oztorah.com/2010/02/david-kimchis-response-to-christianity-in-his-psalm-commentary/#.Wo059q2cbAR


No comments:

Post a Comment