Monday 12 June 2017

Growing Turmeric

The other week I bought some turmeric that was reduced, so I bought some to try, I skinned one and chopped it up and cooked with my other ingredients to put into rice.

Some people recommend eating fresh turmeric and to not eat the powered turmeric due to what they put in to it during the processing of it.

This youngster talks about growing turmeric in a pot. It takes a long time to grow, 9-10 months, it can make an ideal houseplant. You could have two, one to harvest in the summer and another one to harvest in the wintertime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slOrrs_ussM

I really like his little greenhouse, I'd like one of those. 

Look, they can grow really big, although everything grows big in Australia. Food is incredible in Australia, huge, absolutely huge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment