Wednesday 24 July 2013

Honey Turmeric Pot Recipe

I am having a lot of fun coming up with some new healthy recipes; and some people have asked for some recipes where turmeric can be used. This evening I had to finish up the pots and I fancied some rice. Sophia used to say 'A little of what you fancy does you good'. 



Ingredients 

Six-seven small potatoes 
1 teaspoon Turmeric 
1 tablespoon of Honey 
2 teaspoon of Mustard (from a jar) 
3 cloves of garlic 

I boiled some rice in a tps of turmeric and when the rice was done removed it. Then I used the same turmeric water to boil sliced potatoes. You could also do this and put the rice aside for the next day. 

While cooking I added a spoonful of honey, three cloves of garlic and two teaspoonfuls of mustard. When the potatoes were done; and the mixture was a nice consistency I then mashed the pots and put the new recipe in the oven. (You don't have to mash them, you could have the sliced potatoes, with the sauce). 


The side dish is being served with chicken pieces roasted in palm oil. 

Med veggies that were cooked in olive oil. 

The turmeric rice will be mixed up with some crushed tin tomatoes that is in the fridge, that has to be eaten up as well. I will then give it all one last turn in the pan prior to adding the med veggies to the rice.

So I am finishing up food that I have prior to buying anymore. 


When the meal was finished I added black pepper to taste, and half a lemon squeezed over the meal. 

It was delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment