Friday 30 July 2021

THYME FOR PIRIFORMIS

I'm still working with the Piriformis muscle in the buttocks. I do have stretches for this muscle, and I also have regular massage treatments whenever I can afford it.  

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/guide/piriformis-syndrome-causes-symptoms-treatment

Last night while bathing I was asking which essential oil to put onto my body and I received the response "Thyme". 

I grow thyme for cooking and for my health, I also have thyme in an essential oil. So last night after my bath I massaged the essential oil into the right side of my body with a moisturising cream. 

Piriformis syndrome doesn't just happen to people that sit down for too long, it can and does happen to runners too. Of course has the body ages the muscles can also experience "atrophy" and that was one of the most recent projects that Jesus asked me to work on. You have to use your muscles. 

I've found that walking doesn't help this neuro-muscular condition, the muscle compresses the sciatic nerve, making it even more painful, it can also impact upon your knees too.  

Has far as the sciatic nerve is concerned I recommend the "Inversion table", a few minutes, a few times per day, combined with massage and stretching. Of course the correct nutrition is also essential. My body also likes receiving sun beds too and I usually feel an improvement afterwards. We haven't had has much sunshine this year like we did in 2020 in the UK. 


What else is essential? Rest, early nights so that the body can regenerate, and like babies, sometimes elders require an afternoon nap to refresh them. Warm up the body with stretching has soon as you feel able to do so. Do your warm up stretches prior to going out for a walk. Develop your health plan a quarter at a time. It is written that Pilates can also help to improve muscle strength, although I am yet to try it. I have another appointment with the Physiotherapy department in a couple of weeks. This time on the phone because the local CCG has changed sub-contractor's. 





No comments:

Post a Comment