Friday 30 July 2021

RAW FOOD FOR DOGS 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE

Author, and Conference Speaker, Steve Brown has been feeding his dogs raw food for 30 years. He has also studied all the data that relates to it. The raw dog food market is the fastest growing segment of the dog food market, although the dried food industry are doing their utmost to suppress it. 

The fact is that it is the pet owners that are changing the market has more and more pet owners switch to raw food for their pets. 


It is always interesting listening to someone like Steve Brown that has invested his life into the specifics to enhance the life and health of animals. He is the founder of Steve's Real Food. 


My 4 month old puppy is doing great on raw food. In the first couple of weeks he's been on Turkey and Chicken prepared meals from Benyfit and it includes VermX.  A British holistic veterinary surgeon is now a consultant to Benyfitnatural, Dr Nick Thompson is very involved with raw food.

https://benyfitnatural.co.uk/blogs/news/dr-nick-thompson-the-holistic-vet-on-gut-problems

https://benyfitnatural.co.uk/collections/puppy-dog

https://benyfitnatural.co.uk/

If I have a banana, he likes to have a little of it, although I give him a frozen raspberry everyday. I'm introducing new foods slowly because he likes to taste different foods. 

I let him have a little taste of the chestnut mushroom covering and he was fine with it. He was also asking for some spaghetti, I couldn't give him any of the meat sauce due to the tomatoes in it, so just gave him a little spaghetti sprinkled with cheese has a treat, a one-off. I managed to find some gluten free spaghetti too from Italy. 

I don't recommend mature cheddar cheese for dogs due to the yeast in it. I rarely eat it myself due to the yeast that can cause an allergic reaction for me. Another reason why I limit the amount of bread that I eat, due to the yeast in it. 

My puppy had his Kennel Cough protection last week, so I have been giving him a supplement of Cod Liver Oil, and Evening Primrose Oil for dogs to help boost his immune system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment